Routine exercise decreases risk factors attributed with diseases such as hypertension, coronary obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), diabetes, obesity, and depression.
It contributes to increased blood circulation, energy and improved sleep quality. Sleep is extremely beneficial for the nervous system and body. If you are in need of a dedicated fitness professional who applies fundamental principles of exercise science, communication, and patience when training I can help you!
A great deal of thoughtfulness, planning, and consideration is taken when designing each session. Criteria used include health history (taken from the intake form), physical abilities, time, and goals. Each session is reinforced with support, and tools for nutritional guidance.
Areas of Focus
- Improving Endurance ( Timed walking or running)
- Improving Strength (The ability to increase the amount of weight one can lift up to peak strength)
- Balance and Mobility Training
- Weight Management
- Improving Heart and Metabolic Health
Live Personal Training sessions will be held in New York City by appointment at a later date. I offer self paced personal training sessions through a subscription on an ios and android app. Take your workout with you anywhere anytime. It is always recommended to undergo a physicians consultation before undergoing exercise or massage therapy.
- Monitor your fitness data such as steps, sleep, and weight on your own personalized dashboard.
- Feel empowered and motivated with helpful reminders and support from other users.
- Exercise at Your Own Pace
- Foam Rolling
- Weight Training
- Metric Compilation
- In-app messenger
- All of The Basic Features Plus:
- Nutrition Guidance
- Meal Planning and Preparation
- One Monthly 15 Minute Check In
- Via Skype
- In-app instant messenger
- Whether you are new to exercise or returning from an old injury I can help you achieve reasonable safe gains. If your goal is to gain flexibility, strength, or endurance incrementally I can also help you with your goals.
- Improve Flexibility
- Core Training
- Balance Training
- Strength Training
- Endurance Training
- Stretching promotes recovery and flexibility. In session you will be guided through stretches of sore muscles through your natural range of motion for relaxation.
Massage Therapy in conjunction with personal training are two key components in maintaining overall health. Massage targets the muscles, skin, and the nervous system. People seek massage to address muscle fatigue, and nagging sensations of pain. Massage Therapy also promotes recovery after sporting events and plays a role in reducing the risk of injury when applied prior to sporting events.
Areas of Focus
- Reducing Muscle Pain to Encourage Better Movement
- Supporting The Nervous System Allow Relaxation
- Reducing Soreness
- Contributing To Optimal Range of Motion
- Facilitating Recovery Post Surgery and Physical Therapy
Sessions are offered by appointment only in Gramercy Park and Long island City New York in clean professional massage facilities. For individuals needing to schedule between the hours of 6 pm and 10pm I can schedule sessions in Gramercy Park.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions masks and proper hand hygiene protocols must be followed during and after sessions.
For scheduling inquiries please fill out the form below indicating the date and time you wish to schedule your session. If availability exists you will receive an email with a scheduling link. If the desired time is not available the next available date and times will be offered for consideration.
- As robust and intricate as our nervous system and bodies are it needs downtime to recover, reset, and relax.
- Massage Therapy is a great non impact rhythmic way to introduce these states.
- Expect all the benefits from the sixty minute session plus additional time to focus on tender areas, warm heat applications, and table based stretches.
- Medical Massage is tailored for clients who need sessions to manage soft tissue discomfort from injuries and trauma. Sessions are usually focused on relieving specific pain(s) in specific regions, promoting mobility, and relieving tension.
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage promotes movement of lymph fluid that build up in tissues after cancer treatment. It is a slow and gentle treatment that moves fluid from a non-functioning region to one that functions.
My name is Jason Charles. I have practiced massage therapy for a total of nine years. My initial education was focused on applying massage as an adjunct modality to help clients relax. As time progressed and education evolved It became clear to that massage therapy can support pain reduction and encourage movement.
During the last four years, I have worked in a multidisciplinary clinical setting on patients presenting with musculoskeletal and orthopedic conditions. The experience gained allowed me to better understand the significance of manual therapy and exercise in encouraging others to feel better.
I want to help you manage and possibly overcome muscle pain originating from a previously diagnosed injury or pain which reduces or interrupts you from performing activities of daily living.
In addition to licensure, I am nationally certified in therapeutic massage and bodywork (BCTMB), completed live training in medical and oncology massage therapies, respectively, as well as manual lymphatic drainage (MLD-C)
I began my personal training career as a trainer in a commercial gym. I now work independently and have a deeper commitment towards helping my clients achieve their utmost level of optimal fitness regardless of where they are in life. Everyone can benefit from personal training. It truly promotes increased circulation, cellular, and bone health.
I am certified as a personal trainer and corrective exercise specialist with the National Academy of Sports Medicine, and as a personal trainer with the American Council of Exercise.
For scheduling inquiries relating to times or days not listed on this site please complete and submit the form below.